In addition to its litigation practice in each of its areas of specialization (intellectual property, competition law, labor law, tax law, etc.), Aramis has a strong practice in business litigation, whether before the French courts or in international commercial arbitration.
We have a strategic vision of the litigation we handle for our clients. Our approach to a case therefore includes, whenever relevant, the use of expedited procedures, investigative measures available in summary proceedings or on petition before the initiation of proceedings on the merits, alternative dispute resolution methods (negotiation, mediation, conciliation) or enforcement measures. Used wisely, these procedural tools can often provide a better response to our clients’ objectives.
Our team has lawyers specialized in arbitration who act, in French and English, as counsel or arbitrators in institutional (ICC, LCIA, SCAI, AFA) or ad hoc arbitrations. We also act in the event of appeals against arbitral awards or in disputes relating to the recognition or enforcement of awards.
We have extensive experience in the various fields of business litigation:
- Commercial litigation related to the performance or termination of contracts, including joint ventures and liability,
- Unfair competition litigation (parasitism, denigration, poaching of executives, etc.) and misappropriation of know-how,
- Corporate law litigation (post-acquisition disputes, conflicts between shareholders, management liability),
- Compliance/anti-corruption (FCPA, UK Bribery Act, Sapin 2 Law), Estate litigation including international aspects (trusts, foundations),
- Energy distribution networks and other consumer law disputes, class actions.